The Next Einstein Forum (NEF) Ambassador Program
The Next Einstein Forum (NEF)
NEF Ambassadors are the NEF’s young science and technology champions, one from each African country. NEF Ambassadors, who are all under 42 years, drive the NEF’s local public engagement activities while growing their own careers through the NEF’s partnerships that offer opportunities for mentorship and collaborations with established researchers.
In particular, the NEF Ambassadors attend the biennial NEF Global Gatherings. The next NEF Global Gathering will be held in 26-28 March 2018 in Kigali, Rwanda.
This round of selection is open to:
Angola, Djibouti, Libya, Morocco, Mozambique, Tunisia, Sao Tome & Principe, Sierra Leone, Seychelles, South Sudan and Swaziland
Other Ambassador benefits include:
- Leading NEF Africa Science Week, with the support of NEF staff and resources.
- Ambassadors will receive significant exposure to the NEF readership community.
- Have the opportunity to network with other experts and NEF Ambassadors and NEF Fellows, as well as top scientists, social scientists and technology leaders from around the world.
- Have the opportunity to influence science, social science and technology policy through NEF articles and documents and share their own work.
- Get the chance to pitch their own projects and ideas to high profile NEF members and contribute to the establishment of a positive global view of science in Africa.
Conditions of Eligibility:
- 42 years of age or less as of 31.12.2017 (Born after 1 January 1975)
- Resident/citizen of an African country with a history of leadership and engagement in the residing community
- Advanced studies or professional certificates, personal projects, demonstrated entrepreneurial achievements and similar – a PhD is not required
- Applicants are encouraged from all fields of science, including basic sciences, STEM, health and social science fields.
- Outstanding writing and keen critical thinking capabilities, and be comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated passion for raising Africa’s profile in science and/or social science
- Having an active profile in the community of work/study and/or online including social media
- Able to clearly communicate to an audience in English or French.
Deadline: Varies by country