Funded Youth International Summer School, Shanghai, China 2018
Youth International Summer School, Shanghai, China 2018
The notion of a smart city is a well-developed narrative but what do we know about a smart society? As we approach the third decade of the 21st century, cities all over the world are harnessing the power that comes with huge technological advancements made over the past twenty years. By making our urban metropolises more efficient, we are truly on our way toward shaping a better world – but only if society is able and willing to keep up with the pace.
As infrastructure, education and businesses all adapt to the rapid changes taking place within our world, so must we as citizens. The smart revolution aims to optimize the performance and wellbeing of society, but technology can only do so much. In order to reach unprecedented heights, we must first begin by changing the minds and values of the architects of our new world. The International Summer School aims to discuss and examine the idea that in order to make our cities truly smart, we must start by developing a smart society.
Set in the technological hub of Shanghai, China, the International Summer School is designed to foster leadership, human values and a sense of social responsibility. Through a harmonious combination of educational and cultural exchange programs, participants will leave the event feeling empowered and inspired to generate positive change within their communities. A series of informative keynotes, case studies and highly-interactive workshops will help attendees to gain insight on the different strategies and technologies used in the development and transformation of smart cities and societies. Participants will also be encouraged to consider their own roles and responsibilities in regard to the sustainable future of the planet.
- Young people ranging in age from 18 to 35 years old;
- Evidence of strong social responsibility and commitment;
- Fluency in English required;
- Preferred backgrounds to include social and business enterprises, non-profits, social activists, artists, educators, young researchers, scholars and students.
In order to apply, applicants should fill in the application form whereby they will attach their CV and one-minute motivational video answering the following questions:
- What do understand by the terms “Smart City” and “Smart Society”?
- What is you motivation for applying to the International Summer School in Shanghai?
- How will you implement the knowledge and skills you will gain from the International Summer School in Shanghai?
The program is partially funded. Program, informal activities, food and accommodation will be covered by organizers.
Deadline: 6th May, 2018