Paid Internship at Ashoka Social Financial Services (SFS) in USA
Ashoka Social Financial Services (SFS)
Ashoka Social Financial Services (SFS) believes that markets can be a powerful tool to improve the quality and character of people’s lives. For almost a decade, Ashoka SFS has searched for and identified leading social entrepreneurs with systems-changing new ideas that use the market to create social impact.
A subset of these social entrepreneurs is showing us something new: we can achieve greater impact by shifting the market itself to align financial success with social impact. These innovations change what it takes to win, and have the potential to shape large-scale patterns of market activity to benefit everyone.
We are looking for highly motivative and dynamic Associates to collaborate with us for Spring 2018!
What background and experience should an Associate have?
In general, successful candidates will have experience with detailed research and analysis as well as with the citizen sector (social sector, not-for-profit, social entrepreneurship).
More specific requirements include:
- Masters, Doctorate or other graduate-level student;
- Advanced undergraduate students with some exposure to one or more of the following:
- Public Policy
- International Development
- Diverse for-profit business models
- Social Entrepreneurship, Social Impact, and/or Innovation
- Economics, Sociology of Economics, Philosophy of Economics, and/or other discipline with an emphasis on economies
What characteristics we are looking for in an Associate?
Candidates should be self-motivated, excellent communicators, conceptual thinkers, and thrive on seeing the world in new ways.
Note: This position is open to candidates who can work with us in our global offices in Arlington, VA.