UNDP Internship 2018 in USA
UNDP Internship 2018 in USA
The UNDP Regional Bureau for Africa (RBA) team in New York provides overall strategic oversight, guidance and quality assurance, management support and broader regional analysis, including global issues. This year, RBA launched the book “Income Inequality Trends in sub-Saharan Africa,” a thorough documentation of inequality levels and trends in the region in order to better understand the slow and varying rate of poverty reduction. It proposes hypotheses to account for this experience and draws relevant lessons that could help accelerate reduction in income disparities. UNDP is seeking a Communications intern to help raise awareness of the book’s key findings among targeted audiences and the general public. During his/her internship, the selected candidate may also be tasked with helping raise awareness of other RBA publications, including the UNDP 2016 Africa Human Development Report and Least Developed Countries (LDC) Report.
The intern will report to the RBA Chief Economist and work closely with the Inequality Report Team and the RBA Communication Specialist. The internship is for a minimum of three months with an opportunity for extension to a maximum of six months. The internship is unpaid and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35 hours), three days at UNDP offices and possibly two days from home.
The intern will assist the RBA Inequality Report team with developing communication products:
- Contribute to the development of visual communications products such as PowerPoint presentations, and other visual media including infographics;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a targeted social media campaign;
- Contribute to the development of multimedia products such as animations, videos and interactive content for the Inequality Report website.
The intern will assist the RBA Inequality Report team to enhance to dissemination of communication products:
- Update and maintain the Inequality Report stakeholder contact lists and database;
- Maintain contacts of collaborating partners institutions;
- Track requests for information and feedback on various communication products;
- Support in monitoring the impact of various communication channels for the Inequality Report;
- Contribute to the development of a strategy for digital marketing.
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be ennrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Advanced studies in Communications, Journalism, Design or Marketing, knowledge of gender issues or international development issues a plus.
- Comparable work experience may substitute for education requirements;
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Have demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required;
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
- UNDP internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship;
- All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring Government or institution;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
- The intern must provide proof of enrollment in health insurance plan;
Deadline: 23rd April 2018