World Health Organization(WHO) Paid Internship
World Health Organization (WHO) Paid Internship
The World Health Organization is looking for talented and passionate people to work for health. They offer professionals a unique opportunity to contribute to saving lives and support people’s health worldwide.
WHO is committed to achieving workforce diversity, aiming to achieve a broad representation of nationals of their member countries. They offer a dynamic and international work environment with a multi-cultural workforce, opportunities for professional development and a competitive remuneration package.
At WHO, they have a mobility policy to give staff the opportunity to gain experience in different parts of the world. Candidates appointed to an international fixed-term position with WHO may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
- Director of Communications
- Chief Information Officer
- Director of Immunization
- Director of Neglected Tropical Diseases
- Director of Security Services
- WHO is part of the United Nations Common System and its remuneration and benefit package is governed by the International Civil Service Commission.
- Salaries in professional and higher categories are made up of two main elements: a base salary and post adjustment.
- The post adjustment is an allowance based on the cost-of-living, exchange rate fluctuations and inflation in the different locations of assignment.
- The salary scale comprises six professional levels (P-1 to P-6) and two director levels (D1 and D2). The conditions for P6 and D1 positions are identical. The scales are expressed as gross and net base salaries and applied uniformly, worldwide, by all organizations in the United Nations common system.
- The salary scale for locally recruited staff is determined by the International Civil Service Commission and varies from country to country.
- Open to nationals of WHO member countries
- Particular attention is paid to candidates from developing countries and gender balance.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis.
- All posts are filled in accordance with WHOs competency model.
There are two key categories of staff at WHO: professional (P) or directors (D) who are internationally recruited and general (G) or national professional (NPO) staff who are recruited locally for both fixed or short-term positions.
Professional staff and directors are hired internationally and occupy leadership functions or positions that require a significant level of technical expertise. P or D staff are mobile and are expected to work across the globe.