Graphic Designer position is available in FHI 360. FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. It serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
- Conceptualize and create a wide range of print and digital materials from concept through execution.
- Present varied, distinct design solutions to visual communication tasks.
- Also, advise and articulate strategic design rationale in discussions, presentations and correspondence.
- Collaborate with other designers and clients.
- Ability to build rapport with clients as well as team members to nurture productive professional working relationships.
- Execute revisions efficiently and accurately, besides meeting all deadlines and budget parameters.
- Prepare digital files for dissemination and posting.
- Furthermore, prepare print-ready files and work with print vendors.
- Contribute to business development activities, including writing proposal sections related to design work.
- Maintain archive of projects following the established file structure and organization.
- Continuously build on and improve design skills as relevant to changing industry standards.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Associate Degree or its International Equivalent in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Publications, or Related Field.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Similarly, typically requires a minimum 3 – 5 years professional experience in graphic design.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience is a plus.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Likewise, ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5 – 50 lbs.
- Must have a strong concept-driven portfolio that exhibits a solid background in print and digital design, and demonstrates an impeccable sense of layout, typography and other design principles.
- Moreover, advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) and Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Foundational knowledge (or greater) of Adobe Premiere Pro and/or After Effects, as well as Section 508-compliance is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.