The World Summit Youth Award (WSYA) is a unique global contest which brings together young developers and digital entrepreneurs – under 30 years of age – who use internet and mobile technology to put the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)into action and make a difference.
The WSYA selects and promotes best practice in e-Content. It demonstrates young people’s potential to create outstanding digital contents and serves as a platform for people from all UN member states to work together in the efforts to reach the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
How to participate?
Young creators of digital content are able to register their products themselves via an online platform. An international young expert jury will then judge the projects/products and select 3 and 2 runners-up in each of the .
Participation in the WSA is possible through national contests and expert panel selection. Listed below are the steps you will take to achieve international recognition.
1. Contact your national expert. To do this, email the WSA office at [email protected] or scroll to the bottom of this page where you will find an interactive map.
2. Once you have contacted your expert, they will go throught the steps you will need to take in order to qualify for national selection with you.
3. After your expert gets in touch with you, they will review your project as well as any other submissions that come in for your country and they will select projects to move to online review. They select eight, one for each category of the WSA. The national winners in the eight WSA categories are submitted by the Eminent Expert from each country based on the process agreed upon with the WSA Board of Directors. In the absence of an open national contest, Eminent Experts conduct a national selection panels or other consultation in order to select in an objective and fair manner the best from their countries.
4. If your project is selected as a WSA National Nominee, your project details will be entered into WSA’s online database by your national expert.
5. Once your project information is entered, you will be sent a username and password for the WSA database.Directions for this process can be found here. Please make sure your Expert enters a coorect mail address.
6. As soon as you have looged on to the WSA’s online database, and have entered your projects description as described here, an email will be sent to you confirming your submission is complete.
7. All projects conform to the WSA Rules & Conditions submitted into the WSA online database will be entered in to the WSA Online Jury.
8. You will be notified if your project is then chosen by the WSA Online Jury as one of the best 20-30 projects in its category.
9. These best 20-30 projects in its category will be entered into the Evaluation list of the WSA Grand Jury, called the shortlist.
10. The Grand Jury selects in a final 3 day democtratic selection the category’s five WSA Winners in each of the eight categories. These 40 projects are then invited to the WSA Global Congress event.
The ultimate highlight of the WSA-year is the celebration of international e-Content delicacies at the WSA Global Congress. Here, an overall winner for the WSA is announced and other finalists are recognized.
Interested in starting your application now? Below is an interactive map that will lead you to your national expert from your home country!
Official Link: http://youthaward.org/content/about-wysa
Deadline: October 30, 2016
|Type of Opportunity||Competitions and Awards|