Co-created by Ashoka and Robert Bosch Stiftung, ChangemakerXchange is a global collaborative community for over 600 of the world’s top young changemakers to connect, share and develop cross-border collaborations. This special summit is in partnership with ALV gGmbH.
In a world of exponential change, they are confronted by an increasing number of complex inter-connected societal and environmental problems. Ensuring solutions will outpace problems requires effective collaboration at a scale never seen before. Thriving and collaborating in this new world is only possible with deep empathy and social-emotional skills, the ability to understand and respond to the feelings of others. Today, cultivating their innate capacity for empathy in children and young adults is as fundamental and urgent as numeracy and literacy. They are looking for 20 of the most creative young Changemakers from across Europe, whose mission is to cultivate empathy and social emotional skills in children and young people.
- ChangemakerXchange covers applicants travel costs to/from the venue as well as all of the conference costs for all four nights and five days (including hotel accommodation, inner city travel, food, entrance fees, etc.). However they expect applicants to cover their own visas, local travel to airport in their own country and from the airport to the venue in the host country (in very limited cases they may be able to support with some of these costs, please reach out to them).
Please note that they will be asking people to offset the carbon footprint of their flights and they are also committed to making their events as carbon neutral and environmentally friendly as possible.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Applicants for ChangemakerXchange:
- Must be between 18-35 y/o.
- Should lead, co-lead, have founded or co-founded their own social venture / initiative which is up and running and at the core of its mission, is about cultivating empathy & social emotional-skills in children and / or young people.
- Must have a good level of English that enables them to understand, present, and collaborate throughout the summit.
- Should have the skills and know-how to be part of a special community of collaborative young social entrepreneurs and be willing to play an active role within this community.
- Must be a fit with the values of the CXC community (see above)
- Must be from an eligible country (for this particular summit, this includes all countries in Europe).