The HACU National Internship Program – Corporate Component, partners with some of the leading corporations in the nation to assist them in attracting and hiring the best talent from HACU member colleges and universities. The process is very competitive but rewarding, as many internships lead to full-time roles. Opportunities for both internships and full-time employment are available.
Eligibility for a corporate internship:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Enrollment in a degree-seeking program at an accredited institution
- Authorization or eligibility to work in the United States by law
Tips for A Strong Corporate Resume:
- One (1) page maximum
- Highlight leadership roles and involvement in student organizations and volunteer opportunities
- Include all related experience, including roles and duties for jobs, internships, volunteer, or related projects
- Include Grade Point Average on the resume
- Highlight related courses under the education section
- Include languages and experience with software and/or computer applications/programs in the skills section
- Highlight professional conferences attended and/or any study abroad experiences.
HACU Intern Support:
- Round-trip airfare to/from internship location is provided for non-local students (internships only)
- Assistance to locate and secure housing during the internship for non-local students (internships only)
- HACU Student Services Staff will conduct mock interviews and resume building support to better prepare applicants.
- Student Services Staff acts as mentors and provide guidance to succeed throughout the application and interview process, internship performance period, and after the internship is complete.
Deadline to Apply:
- None, applicants may apply throughout the year
- Summer 2019 – May 30 to August 9, 2019
- Nationwide. Locations vary annually and the willingness to travel is a candidate strength