Applications are open for the fully funded volunteering opportunity at United Nations. UN Volunteer mobilizes volunteers to serve in UN agencies, both in development programs and peacekeeping operations. Its objective is to push the participants to participate in their own development.
The selected applicants shall gain:
- Volunteer living allowance that shall cover basic expenses;
- Travel expenses;
- Settling-in-grant, which is calculated on the duration of the assignment and paid at the beginning of the assignment;
- Life, health and permanent disability insurances;
- Annual leave;
- Resettlement allowance, which is calculated based on the duration of the assignment and paid upon satisfactory completion of the assignment.
The applicants have to be:
- between the ages of 18 to 55;
- have at least two years of relevant work experience in a professional background;
- fluent in English, Spanish or French.