Arab Women Leaders in Agriculture (AWLA) Fellowship 2019 is now open for applications. The fellowship is a capacity building program, which aims to develop women researchers who can make a positive impact in their workplaces, communities and countries. The program aims to gather women researchers from different countries to drive together positive change towards agriculture prosperity, while addressing the challenges they face in their careers’ progress.
The fellows will get the opportunity to
- Boost your skills and knowledge through various channels of structured and applied learning such as spot-on leadership and research and development training, coaching and mentoring to guide your career development and learning.
- Work on team-based capstone projects to initiate collaborative solutions for driving positive change in agriculture.
- Access information and tools needed to acquire funding for applied research projects.
- Likewise, experience different cultures through learning to work with others across boundaries of place and culture.
- Likewise, xpand your knowledge on relevant research and development topics in different parts of the MENA region.
- Raise awareness about organizational gender dynamics, shift attitudes around gender perceptions and take part in the transformation of a gender responsive culture and inclusive and enabling environment.
- In addition, join in the establishment of the first regional R&D forum to address the region’s pressing challenges in R&D, and the first network platform of Arab Women Researchers within and across disciplines.
- Arab women researchers from Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia,
- Available to travel and in possession of a passport valid at least 6 months beyond December 2020,
- Passionate about innovation and R&D in agriculture, food security and nutrition,
- Commitment to making positive change in their local communities and beyond, preferably with a good track record in research and development work,
- Similarly, respect for diversity,
- Personal motivation, initiative, and ability to work in teams,
- Strong academic record, holders of master’s and/or Ph.D. degrees,
- In their mid-career; preferably more than 10 years of professional experience,
- English language proficiency
You need to submit the online application form in order to get considerations.