Funded Mo Ibrahim Foundation Academy Fellowship is available in the Queen Elizabeth II Academy for Leadership in International Affairs. All Academy fellows participate in, and contribute to, the Academy’s Leadership Programme which encompasses the following components:
- Intensive induction week
- Weekly discussion seminar
- Global Introductions off-site visits
- Leadership workshops
- Project presentations
- Personal development coaching
- Media training
- ‘Leadership in the 21st Century’ Breakfast Briefings
- Career mentors
The fellowship is for a 10-month term from mid-September 2019 to late-July 2020 and will be based full-time at Chatham House, London.
- The fellow will receive a monthly stipend of £2,295.
- Benefits include full access to the Academy’s Leadership Programme, Alumni Programme, 5-year complimentary Chatham House membership and also, Academy Associate status (awarded upon the successful completion of the fellowship). In addition, fellows have access to the staff canteen providing complimentary tea, coffee and lunch and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. Modest provision is also made for the costs of relocation, fieldwork, and possible publication costs.
- The fellowship is open to citizens of Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Ethiopia, Uganda, Mozambique, Zambia. Applications will also be accepted from applicants holding dual nationality which includes one of these countries.
- Applicant should hold completed BA degree or equivalent, but Masters degree with an international focus is preferable.
- Candidates should be at the mid-stage of their career and who come from either academia, NGOs, business, government departments, civil society or the media. Furthermore, they should possess knowledge of, and an interest in, the policy challenges related to global governance.
You need to complete and submit the online application form so as to get considerations. In addition, you need to submit electronic copies of the following documents:
- Scanned copy of the photo page of your passport (to confirm you meet the nationality requirements)