Short-term Internship at CERN
Short-term Internship Programme at CERN
Are you an undergraduate student in a technical or administrative field looking for a short practical training period (less than 6 months)?
CERN offers a limited number of internships to undergraduate students for practical training assignments.
The students mostly have technical or administrative backgrounds and their university requires or encourages them to spend a training period in industry or in a research establishment. The traineeship must form part of candidates’ studies.
In order to be eligible for a contract of association as a trainee, the student must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be enrolled in a full-time higher education course (Students who have already commenced doctoral studies are not eligible)
- Be specialised in one of the following field: applied physics, computing, mathematics, electrical, electronic, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation for accelerators and particle physics experiments, materials science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, surveying, ultra-high vacuum, scientific communication. A very limited number of places may be available in administrative fields: translation, advanced secretarial work, accounting, legal services, human resources, librarianship, logistics
- Have a good knowledge of English and/or French
- Return to his/her educational establishment after completion of his/her stay at CERN
- Have adequate financial resources to support him- or herself in the local area
- The appointment will be for a minimum duration of one month and a maximum duration of six months in any twelve-month period
- During the requested training period the student must remain enrolled in an educational establishment
- Students must have a medical insurance covering occupational illness and accidents that is adequate in Switzerland and France
- Please note that only a limited number of places are available.
- Applications will be considered by the potential supervisors who wish to host a student.
- Only students whose applications are under serious consideration will be contacted by departmental secretariat of the selecting supervisor.
- Students whose applications were not selected will be informed of the outcome by email approximately one month before the desired start date.
Official Link: https://jobs.web.cern.ch/job/12126