University of Sheffield Scholarship in UK 2018
University of Sheffield Scholarship in UK 2018
University of Sheffield Advanced Placement Scholarship in UK 2018 is offered for Bachelors degree in the field of Courses offered by the university. The value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, 50% of the tuition fees . This scholarship is open for all International applicants (other than the UK).
- You must have taken or be planning to take a minimum of three Advanced Placement tests (AP).
- You must receive an offer to study a full-time or part-time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Sheffield before 13 April 2018.
- Your degree/foundation programme must be scheduled to commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2018.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Degree programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student.
- You must have accepted the University of Sheffield as your firm choice before Friday 20 April 2018, if you have not chosen the University of Sheffield as your firm choice by this date your scholarship application will not be considered, regardless of whether you have received all your offers or not. If your status changes after this date from a scholarship ineligible status, such as insurance, to firm with the University of Sheffield your scholarship application will not be considered.
- You must enter a degree programme at the University of Sheffield in programme year 1. The scholarship is not applicable to any students joining a degree programme at the University of Sheffield after programme year 1.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for any undergraduate scholarships.
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to remove scholarship funding without prior notification.
- You must commence your studies at the University of Sheffield in September 2018.
- The scholarship can be awarded in-conjunction with automatic awards from the University of Sheffield, as long as you do not become fully sponsored for tuition fee purposes and all other eligibility and award criteria are met.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in-conjunction with any merit-based scholarships from the University of Sheffield
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in-conjunction with any funding from an external sponsor, excluding a loan, which has to be paid back in full.
- If you are selected for a merit scholarship, subject to the eligibility and award criteria you will be guaranteed the award in your first year of study. The scholarship is available in each of the follow academic years of your course subject to scoring 60%, or above, and achieving a minimum of 120 credits in the previous academic year. The merit scholarship is not applicable during any years in industry or any compulsory or non-compulsory years abroad as part of your degree. This applies to all undergraduate programmes except Medicine and Dentistry. Students of Medicine or Dentistry will only receive the scholarship for the non-clinical years (Medicine years 1 & 2 and Dentistry year 1).
- If you are selected for a merit scholarship and you fail to meet the conditions of your course offer you will no longer be eligible to receive the award.
- If you are selected for a merit scholarship and you change degree programme to begin your studies again at level 1 of a new degree programme you may forfeit your scholarship.
- If you change your degree programme during your studies and transfer to the concurrent academic year e.g year 1 BA English to year 2 BA English literature and Language, subject to the eligibility and award criteria you may continue to receive a merit scholarship.
- The merit scholarship can be provided for a maximum number of 4 academic years. This does not include years in industry or years abroad.
- The scholarship will be applied as a tuition fee discount only.
- The decision of the scholarship panel is final. No scholarship applications or decision appeals will be considered.
- All decisions made by the University are made in good faith, if a scholarship is awarded on the basis of predicted grades and you do not achieve your predicted grades but you are permitted to join the University, the University reserves the right to remove the scholarship.
- If you are selected for a merit scholarship and you subsequently join the University via clearing you will no longer be eligible to receive the award.
- The scholarship cannot be provided during any intercalating years of study.
Deadline: 20th April 2018