Scholarships at University of Kansas
The University of Kansas
is one of the good public research universities in Kansas, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at the University of Kansas. The University of Kansas
also referred to as KU, is a public research university with its main campus in Lawrence, Kansas, United States. It was established in 1865. KU is one of the reputed universities in the United States. In fact, it ranks 115th in the National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics. Likewise, it offers more than 70 majors programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
University of Kansas Scholarships
- KU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
KU is one of the universities with high selectivity in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 93%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Kansas
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Kansas Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at KU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $11,146.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application
and KU Application Portal
. The application portal guides students through the application process. Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- KU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Rolling Admission Lastly, here is the official link to the University of Kansas
. Source: OYA School