Scholarships at Washington University in St. Louis
Washington University in St. Louis
is one of the top universities in the United States. Many bright and talented students get good scholarships at Washington University. Washington University in St. Louis
is a private research university in St. Louis, Missouri. Founded in 1853, and named after George Washington, the university has students and faculty from all 50 U.S. states and more than 120 countries. WashU is one of the best university in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 18 in National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. Similarly, it offers more than 140 majors and minors covering the fields of architecture, engineering, STEM, social science, arts, and humanities.
- WashU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- However, it meets the full demonstrated need of all the admitted students.
WashU is one of the most selective universities in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 17%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Washington University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
WashU Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- However, the university commits to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- WashU has the financial aid budget of over $60 million.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was 35,835.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application
and Coalition Application.
The application portal guides students through the application process. Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- WashU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March Lastly, here is the official link to Washington University in St. Louis
. Source: OYA School