Academic Administrative Assistant position is available in Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration.
About the University
Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university . Cornell’s SC Johnson College of Business is comprised of the university’s three accredited business schools: The School of Hotel Administration, the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management, and the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management. The School of Hotel Administration (SHA) is home to approximately 1000 undergraduate and 100 graduate students. The school has over 60 internationally known faculty and scholars in the hospitality industry/ business disciplines. The school is ranked number one in the world for hospitality education.
Key Responsibilities of the Position
- Under general supervision, in a service-oriented environment, provide a high level of administrative support to faculty and academic staff to support their teaching, research, and service activities within the School of Hotel Administration.
- Providing administrative support for faculty’s teaching
- Providing administrative support for faculty’s intellectual contributions publications and research
- Providing administrative support for faculty’s service activities
- Coordinates travel and lodging arrangements for faculty, department visitors, guest speakers and other guests
- Acts as liaison between faculty, staff, students, University and external entities
- Manages teaching assistants
- Prepares and monitors course budgets
- Provides a wide variety of complex administrative tasks in support of faculty’s teaching, service and research activities.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Two-year degree in business or related field or equivalent, three (3) to four (4) years, of related experience.
- Must be proficient in a variety of computer-based software systems including, but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, and MS Office Suite (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be proficient in instructional technologies, including but not limited to Blackboard.
- Effective Communications (oral and written)
- Time Management (prioritization and deadline management)
- Self-Leadership (motivation and direction)
- Analytical Skills (detail-oriented, problem-solving)
- Customer Service
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Minimum six years related experience
- Prior administrative support experience in a teaching and research-based setting
- Knowledge of Cornell University systems
- Proficiency in survey software, such as Survey Monkey, Qualtrics, or other
- Proficiency in database software, such as Filemaker, Microsoft Access or other