Jobs at California State University East Bay, California, the United States of America
Position Title: Assistant Professor of Computer Science (2 positions)
California State University, East Bay ( Cal State East Bay, CSU East Bay )is a public university in Hayward, California. The university is part of the 23-campus California State University system. Altogether, the university offers 136 undergraduate and 60 post-baccalaureate areas of study. The university’s largest and oldest college campus is in Hayward, with additional campus-sites in the nearby cities of Oakland and Concord.
Role and responsibilities
In particular, the incumbent will engage in the following tasks
- Engage with a diverse student body. This diversity includes ethnicity, country of origin, educational background – many are the first in their family to attend college, and age, to name a few.
- Teach a wide range of computer science courses including most or all of the core subject matter at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Support offerings for undergraduate C.S. students including teaching courses, developing the undergraduate curriculum and engaging undergraduate students in research.
- Similarly, support offerings for graduate C.S. students including teaching courses, guiding M.S. theses and projects, managing the graduate capstone course
- Advise Computer Science students as well as participate in departmental activities such as curriculum development, assessment, outreach, etc.
- Develop and continue ongoing research activities, service, and leadership.
- Furthermore, perform other duties as assigned.
In order to be eligible for the position, the candidates must have the following qualifications
- Doctoral qualifications in Computer Science.
- Ability to teach undergraduate and master’s level courses in most of the standard computer science core subjects.
- In addition to that, candidates should demonstrate experience in teaching, mentoring, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
- Furthermore, a record of scholarly activity. Candidate’s accomplishments should be commensurate with their professional level.