Academic jobs at the University of Pretoria, South Africa
Position: Lecturer in the Department of Public Law
The University of Pretoria is the multi-campus public research university in Pretoria, the administrative and de facto capital of South Africa. The university comprises nine faculties and a business school. The University of Pretoria Faculty of Veterinary Science is the second oldest veterinary school in Africa. At the same time, it is the only veterinary school in South Africa. Moreover, the university often holds a reputation for being a top business school in Africa for executive education, as well as the top 50 in the world.
In particular, the Lecturer in the Departement of Public Law will do the following duties at the University of Pretoria
- Lecturing in a variety of modules offered by the Department of Public Law at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- In addition to that, conducting academic and scholarly research as well as supervising masters and/or doctoral students.
- Mentoring students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Also, performing academic administration and management;
- Furthermore, performing other duties as delegated by the Head of Department.
- At least an LLM specializing in one or more of the following sub-specialties: Administrative Law or Socio-economic Rights Law. In addition, at least one year of lecturing or related experience at a tertiary institution;
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed a doctorate in any of the afore-mentioned fields.
- The ability to undertake independent research leading to quality publications or evidence of already-published quality accredited publications;
- An in-depth understanding of the area of specialization to enable the development of new knowledge, innovation, and understanding within the field.
- Similarly, in-depth knowledge of the South African legal system.
- Ability to plan and initiate discipline-related research as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Ability to prepare and present interactive and innovative lectures to undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- Confident to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Appropriate communication skills.