Academic jobs at the University of Adelaide, Australia
Position Title: Professor of Plant Synthetic Biology at the School of Biological Sciences
The University of Adelaide is a public research university in Adelaide, Western Australia. Established in 1874, the University of Adelaide is the third oldest universities in Australia. Additionally, this multi-campus university manages five academic campuses in the state of Western Australia. In overall, University offers hundreds of undergraduate and graduate courses in the disciplines of architecture, engineering, arts, business, health sciences, medicine, law, music, nursing, sciences, psychology, and education. Also, the University of Adelaide is popular throughout Australia for researches and innovative education.
Roles and responsibilities
In addition to ensuring the best teaching quality and research successes, the Professor will carry out the following duties
Strategic, Academic & Operational Leadership
- Conceive and plan research initiatives that improve business sustainability as well as maximize return on investment.
- Develop and implement innovative, collaborative and multi-disciplinary research programs with new and existing local, national and global partners.
- Facilitate and assist in the development of innovative, high-quality educational offerings in their area of expertise.
- Contribute to a one-team culture built on respect, trust, cross-collaboration, understanding, shared accountability and purpose.
- Demonstrate and promote the University’s values in interactions with staff through a strong and visible presence within the School and Faculty, and set the ethical and behavioral standard for others by demonstrating moral integrity in all situations.
- Also, promote and engage in strategies and processes to ensure an equitable and inclusive workplace that values diversity.
- Take personal responsibility for the delivery of strategic outcomes, inspiring staff to take personal accountability for their conduct and performance.
In order to be fit for the role, the candidates must have the following qualifications
- Ph.D. in a related discipline with extensive experience and track record in the field of Plant Synthetic Biology.
- An outstanding international record of academic distinction in synthetic biology in plant-based systems.
- Evidence of an inspirational leadership style that promotes a culture of engagement, collaboration, commitment, and performance.
- Demonstrated ability to develop research programs of significant scope and scale.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently secure research funding from national competitive agencies. Similarly, the ability to forge meaningful external relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Similarly, evidence of curriculum development and teaching at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
- Excellent personal and interpersonal skills and capacity to work effectively internally with the Head of School, Executive Dean and other senior leaders within the University community.
- Furthermore, commitment to the principles and practice of equity and diversity