Academic jobs at the University of Kansas, United States
Position: Assistant Professor of Practice
The University of Kansas is a public research university with its main campus in Lawrence, Kansas. In addition to the main campus, it has several satellite campuses, research and educational centers, medical centers, and classes across the state of Kansas. Also, the university is one of the 62 members of the Association of American Universities. However, the University of Kansas is a large, state-sponsored university with five campuses. In its 2018 list, U.S. News & World Report ranked KU as tied for 115th place among National Universities and the 53rd place among public universities. In overall, more than 28,000 students are commencing different levels of education in the university.
Duties and responsibilities
- Teach one undergraduate course in Early Childhood Education in the fall and spring semesters.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate practicum courses in the fall, spring, and summer semesters. These courses involve training and supervising Graduate Teaching Assistants and undergraduate students who complete their practicum work or teaching responsibilities in the Edna A. Hill Child Development Center. Responsibilities vary but include creating and editing training, creating and editing manuals, creating student schedules, and training teachers in their respective classrooms/shifts. Responsibilities also entail providing supervision consistent with the fieldwork experience requirements of the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, which may include supervising students in overseeing clinical cases in the Center.
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings. Provide timely feedback and instructor/student interaction.
- Also, administer assignments, tests, evaluate student work, provide timely feedback to students, and assign grades.
- Hold regular office hours for students involved in classes taught.
- Participation in graduate training, including serving on graduate student committees.
- Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
- Furthermore, attend departmental meetings and other service duties as designated by the Chair depending upon need.
- Ph.D. in Applied Behavioral Science or Psychology (with expertise in applied behavior analysis and early childhood education) for the instruction of graduate courses, OR all requirements completed for a Ph.D. except for the dissertation defense. In the latter situation, the hired candidate must complete all requirements for the Ph.D. by December 2020.
- At least one semester of teaching experience at the university or college level.
- Furthermore, board Certification in Behavior Analysis.