Academic Services Specialist position is available at the Registrar’s Office in Carnegie Mellon University.
In this role, you will support outgoing student cross-registration processing, verification, and grades. You will be responsible for providing cross-functional support in the Registrar’s Office to global CMU student population. This position is responsible for the accurate and timely maintenance of active and inactive records providing administrative support to review process and file documents, forms and reports, which may be highly confidential and complex in nature.
- Approve or deny ad hoc scheduling classroom & computing cluster requests from the campus community using the 25Live scheduling application adhering to established scheduling and classroom policies.
- Provide academic scheduling support for classroom and computing requests for courses and priority events (i.e. orientations, exams, recitations, etc.) using 25Live.
- Also, update and maintain data in student system (S3) for academic actions, forfeits, defers, suspensions, program codes, class level, and doctoral student status updates.
- Support other teams in processing requests for instance, transcript orders, enrollment and degree verifications, diploma orders and mailing, change/missing grades and other student and academic services
- Likewise, process cross-registration requests from Pittsburgh Council of Higher Education (PCHE) program students who wish to take Carnegie Mellon courses.
$12.00 – $29.50 / hour DOE
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; combination of education, training, as well as experience will be considered.
- One year administrative experience required; Similarly, three years in enrollment services or a comparable role in higher-education highly desired.
- Working knowledge of
- Proficiency with desktop computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office, highly desired.
- Dedication to delivering excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff and other constituents;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, even while working with frequent interruptions;
- Capability to meet inflexible deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Composure while dealing with difficult individuals and remain calm during difficult situations;
- Openness to work with diverse populations and people of diverse cultures;
- In addition, high degree of confidentiality relative to all student information;
- Excitement to work in a collaborative environment engaging in collective decision-making.