College of North Atlantic – Qatar is seeking motivated, dynamic, highly professional and well-qualified Accounting Instructor to teach Accounting to diploma students. The College of North Atlantic – Qatar is the Qatar campus of a world-class post-secondary institution. The institution in Qatar offers more than 26 diploma courses including under the departments of Science, Information Technology, Engineering, and so on.
This position requires an energetic and enthusiastic individual who will assist the College in achieving its mission and vision by developing technical, academic and occupationally – aligned courses and programs, delivering quality instruction in the associated area of specialization, and supporting learning and research consistent with the principles and goals of an institute of applied sciences and technology.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, instructional materials, and assessments to create an optimum learning environment in alignment with the School’s curriculum outcomes, evolving professional scopes of practice, and industry requirements.
- Deliver instruction to maximize student development and retention, employing a variety of teaching and development strategies to meet diverse student needs.
- Contribute to faculty, course and program meetings and participate in initiatives to monitor and enhance student success.
- Fulfill the role of subject-matter-expert through various program and campus-wide activities as well as external industry and community engagements.
- Demonstrate command of educational best practices within the discipline by aligning learning assignments within practical industry-relevant contexts.
- Maintain course portfolio documents required for accreditation purposes and engage in instructional redevelopment/improvement plans.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and attendance and provide prompt feedback, recording grades, and attendance within established deadlines.
- Learn, use and recommend educational technologies and resources to enhance learning experiences for students.
- Prepare high quality learning support materials using the College’s LMS (D2L) to engage learners.
- Maintain membership in relevant professional organizations.
- Initiate and contribute to scholarly and creative activities in support of Qatar’s research priorities.
- Provide substitution for colleagues in case of absence to ensure that there is no interruption in student learning.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent), from a recognized, accredited institution, Ph.D. is desirable.
- A terminal degree in a closely related field may be considered.
- Professional licensure in a recognized Accounting professional/certification body.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Bilingual in English and Arabic is an asset.
- English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 7.0 and above.
- Minimum of five (5) years of employment experience as a practitioner/professional within the relevant discipline.
- Teaching experience in a post-secondary, adult training, or industry-training environment.