Administrative jobs at Robert Morrison University, Pennsylvania, United States
Position: Manager, International Student Programming and Support Services
Robert Morris University is a private university in Moon Township in the State of Pennsylvania of the United States. In overall, the university has a total enrollment of over 500o students in which most of the students come from the Pittsburg area. Altogether, the university offers 60 bachelor’s degree programs and 35 master’s and doctoral programs.
In particular, the incumbent will be doing the following tasks to assist and help overseas students at the Robert Morris University
- Function as a Designated School Official (DSO) and Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO) in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Student & Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and primary manager for international student programming and support services for RMU’s F-1 and J-1 international students and scholars.
- Provide leadership and planning for immigration issues at the CGE, including policy responses to new USCIS regulations.
- Act as the primary contact for sponsored program students and for sponsored program officials. Similarly, act as the primary advisor for continuing students.
- Liaise with other functional areas at RMU to ensure positive outcomes and experiences for international students.
- Assist with registration, add/drop/withdraw, to ensure all students are enrolled full-time.
- Participate in the First-Year Experience (FYE) for international students as well as coordinate with Enrollment Management on the recruitment of international students and recruitment documents.
- Provide leadership in the CGE’s contribution to creating a Global Perspective at RMU, including coordinating with the Office of Student Engaged Learning to ensure students meet SET requirements.
- Likewise, manage the Global Ambassador/ Global Diplomat Programs.
- Organize and manage the CGE Global Karneval, the signature campus international event.
- Collaborate on the web and social media content development regarding international students.
- Also, compile statistical data related to international students as well as manage part-time office specialist.
- Furthermore, participate in special projects, other duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
An ideal candidate must have the following qualification in order to be eligible for the position
- First-level university degree. However, Masters degree preferred.
- In addition to that, a minimum 3-5 years of office experience with progressing responsibilities, preferably in higher education.
- Similarly, at least 2 years of experience with immigration regulations for international students and scholars desired.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulations and best practices in the field.
- Ability to work independently and make independent judgments while providing superior customer service and student focus. Also, the ability to work collaboratively with administrators, faculty, students, staff, and external partners.
- Fluency in a language other than English and study abroad experience preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Available to work varied work schedule which may include evenings and weekends as required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher; knowledge of SharePoint and Oracle preferred with a willingness to develop additional computer skills, adjust to other technology and grow academically.
- A valid passport and ability to travel internationally, as necessary, preferred.