AI/Machine Learning Instructor Vacancy at University of California
The University of California Irvine invites qualified candidates to join the Department of Continuing Education – Technology Programs as a part-time Instructor.
Duty time: 10 – 12 hrs a week for 12 weeks, every teaching quarter.
The university especially encourages someone who has an obsession with constantly learning new technologies as well as a personal dedication to always be up to date with the very latest coding languages, deployment technologies, and industry best practices.
The following might be the possible tasks that part-time AI/Machine Learning Instructor will perform
- Working alongside The Director of Technology Programs to develop new course content for Fall 2019.
- Designing and developing the Machine Learning course that is 100% up to date, meeting the latest industry standards.
- Skilling up new students who have not had prior Machine Learning experience using the latest technologies and design tools.
- Managing and delivering the course materials to students in an engaging thought-provoking manner in an online learning management system: Canvas.
- Optimizing and being flexible to change the course to suit the needs of students and new technologies semester after semester.
- Engaging in meaningful online conversations and dialogue with students online in the learning management system, supporting their learning objectives and career goals.
- Diligently responding to students’ needs and questions during the course schedule.
- Furthermore, acting as a technical mentor guiding students on a technical journey of discovery.
Candidates must have the following qualifications in order to apply for the vacancy of AI/Machine Learning Instructor at University of California
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field preferred. In addition to that, five years of professional backend software development experience
- Similarly, a minimum of 2 years’ experience with research/development/application of Machine Learning.
Click this link to see more details about the position.
Start an application