Alumni Engagement Coordinator position is available at the Advancement department of Eckerd College.
Working with the Advancement team and volunteers, the Alumni Engagement Coordinator will support alumni engagement efforts, for instance, fostering regional and affinity-based alumni interactions and events; drafting and proofreading communications materials; maintaining alumni records; and the continuous improvement of these and other functions.
- Working closely with the Director of Alumni Engagement and Constituent Relations team to coordinate all aspects of alumni engagement events from ideation to execution, besides Reunion Weekend, regional events and career networking;
- Likewise, working with the Director to create and nurture alumni engagement by region or affinity through event management and continuous communication;
- Consistent and timely communication with alumni;
- Similarly, assisting with coordinating the activities and communications of the Alumni Leadership Council;
- Creating and managing daily content for the College’s Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Flickr pages, and overseeing content for the alumni web page;
- Also, drafting, reviewing and editing written and electronic communications to alumni from the Director, the President or others in a timely and professional manner;
- Preparing reports and updating the database with new information as it is obtained;
- Moreover, being a team player and fulfilling other duties as assigned by the Director.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, plus relevant experience in educational fundraising and event planning
Raiser’s Edge experience a plus
- Also, ability to work nights and weekends
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong customer service orientation
- Furthermore, excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and interact effectively with multiple constituencies
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, databases, and social media platforms
- Similarly, ability to proactively and efficiently manage several projects at once and set and meet deadlines
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also as a member of the Advancement team
- Flexibility to adapt to daily changes in duties based on the current activities of the Advancement office
- A clear understanding and appreciation of the role of a private, liberal arts college as well as commitment to its philosophy, mission and objectives