Jobs at Leiden University, Leiden, Netherlands
Position: Assistant Professor in Data-Driven Marketing
Leiden University is a public research university in Leiden, Netherlands. It is famous for its historic foundations, emphasis on the social sciences, and student-run societies. Leiden University has seven academic faculties and over fifty subject departments. In addition to that, it manages more than 40 national and international research institutes. The university has no central campus but its buildings are spread over the city. With a total enrollment of 30,000 students, it is one of the largest university in Leiden.
Roles and responsibilities
- Produce impactful, quality research in international top journals;
- Develop and deliver new marketing courses in strategic marketing and marketing analytics;
- Forge collaborations with colleagues from across different institutes that make up the Faculty of Science, and LUMC, as well as industry partners through initiatives such as the Leiden Data Science Centre;
- Contribute to the development of new degree programs;
- Forge collaborations with colleagues from across different institutes that make up the Faculty of Science, and LUMC, as well as industry partners at the Leiden BioScience park and beyond.
- Must have a strong research record or demonstrated research potential in the area of technology and operations management. Also, experience in publishing articles on topics of relevance to marketing in top journals;
- Ph.D. in technology/operations management, or a related field by the time she/he assumes the position;
- Show a clear affinity with the multidisciplinary mission of Science-Based Business that bridges scholarship and practice in management on the one hand, and the natural and biomedical sciences on the other hand;
- Strong leadership skills as well as enthusiasm about teaching management subjects to undergraduate and/or postgraduate students with backgrounds in the sciences and biomedicine.