Assistant Professor (Psychology) position is available at University of Hawaii at Manoa.
The Department of Psychology, College of Social Sciences, University of Hawai`i at Manoa (UHM) in Honolulu, Hawaii, invites applications for an Assistant Professor who will add to the department’s strengths in Developmental Psychology, with an area of specialization in cognitive development and with demonstrated innovative methodological and quantitative skills.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in cognitive development and statistics
- establish an active scholarly research program
- supervise and mentor undergraduates, MA and PhD students
- seek extramural funding
- participate in department, university, and community service
Commensurate with training and experience.
- PhD in Psychology (developmental psychology, cognitive development, developmental cognitive neuroscience, or similar) from an accredited college or university or foreign equivalent. ABDs will be considered but PhD must be conferred before August 1, 2019.
- A record of research achievement in Developmental Psychology commensurate with time in field
- Demonstrates the potential for securing external funding
- Ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in developmental psychology and statistics, including cognitive development and introductory statistics; and mentor students in the applicant’s area of expertise.
- Ability to provide statistical consultation to graduate students.
- Applicants who apply advanced quantitative methods to understand key issues in cognitive development.
- Candidates with a demonstrated interest in, or the potential to contribute to, equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Application materials should be submitted electronically at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/12529. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Review of applications will begin on November 26, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.