Jobs at Texas A&M University, Texas
Position: Assistant Professor of Finance
About Texas A&M University
Texas A&M University is a public university in College Station, Texas. Texas A&M is one of six American public universities with a full-time, volunteer Corps of Cadets who study alongside civilian undergraduate students. In overall, the Texas A&M system endowment is among the 10 largest endowments in the nation. In addition to that, as of 2017, Texas A&M’s student body is the largest in Texas and the second largest in the United States.
Roles and responsibilities
- Teaching assignments at both the graduate and undergraduate levels utilizing traditional and accelerated formats.
- Actively engaged in scholarly activities evidenced by conducting research, developing grants, presenting professional papers, and publishing in peer-reviewed journals.
- Must address the needs of a student population of great diversity – in age, cultural background, ethnicity, primary language, and academic preparation – through course materials, teaching strategies and mentorship
- Develop and sustain collegial and productive relationships with on- and off-campus constituencies including alumni, business professionals, and funding sources
- In addition to that, teach at the undergraduate and/or graduate level in areas.
- Ph.D. with a focus on finance from an AACSB-accredited institution, or a terminal degree in a related field. However, ABD will also be considered provided that all degree requirements have been met by the date of employment.
- Demonstrate a record of prior teaching excellence at the university level. Similarly, demonstrate an ability to work in a collegial atmosphere as part of a team
- Also, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have awareness of and sensitivity to educational goals of a multicultural population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experiences