Jobs at Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway
Position: Associate Professor in Mechanical Engineering
About Oslo Metropolitan University
Oslo Metropolitan University is a state university in Oslo and Akershus in Norway. It has around 1,400 academic employees (of which over 150 are professors/research professors, the top rank in Norway), around 20,000 students and around 800 administrative support staff. Oslo Metropolitan University was established on 12 January 2018 and is the second youngest of Norway’s new universities.
In particular, the associate professor will do the following duties in under the Department of Mechanical, Electronics and Chemical Engineering (MEK).
- Planning, developing and delivering courses at Ph.D., master, and bachelor level, including teaching, supervision, and assessment.
- Also, contributing to building up a new master and the Ph.D. program in Engineering Science.
- Initiating and leading applications for external funding for research in mechanical engineering and related fields.
- Similarly, initiating and conducting research within mechanical engineering as well as facilitating the funding and recruitment of Ph.D. candidates.
- Actively contributing to the development of high-quality education in mechanical engineering and of the department and OsloMet as a whole.
- Communicating and disseminating research results for both academic and broader audience.
- Furthermore, performing administrative tasks related to educational, research, and innovation activities.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Academic excellence and documented high-quality research work within one or more of the following fields: product development, systems engineering, subsea engineering, strength analysis, fatigue, structural engineering, material Technology.
- Knowledge of relevant software.
- Experience in international level research as well as teaching and supervision in higher education.
- Familiar in collaborating with, or direct experience from, the industry.
- Experience with securing external funding for research. Also, experience with initiating and managing research projects.