Jobs at Deakin University, Geelong, Australia
Position: Associate Professor of Accounting
Deakin University is a public university in Victoria. The university is one of Australia’s fastest growing research universities. Moreover, 89% of Deakin’s research has ratings of or above world class. In addition to that, the university offers various courses in arts, business, education, environment, health sciences, law, management, marine biology, nursing, and psychology. In addition, it is third in Australia for graduate employability by the Times Higher Education. Above all, the university is in 309th position in the QS World University Rankings 2019.
Roles and responsibilities
The position holder will be accountable for the following duties under the Department of Accounting
- Lead and provide advice to promote the strategic development of teaching, research and external engagement.
- Involve in delivering quality teaching and researches under the Department of Accounting. Similarly, identify and respond to the opportunities in advanced discipline.
- Perform administrative tasks commensurate with position responsibilities as well as contribute to processes that enable the effective operation of the department.
- Similarly, contribute to the development of the Department’s research agenda, including a strong performance in Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).
- Participate in competitive external research funding activities and generate research income through application to major funding bodies
- Similarly, participate in activities which enhance the School’s disciplinary profile and reputation and foster relationships with research, community, industry, government and professional partners and with other higher education institutions
Required qualifications and skills
- Ph.D. in Accounting or relevant field.
- In addition to that, experience in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
- a sustained research reputation in internationally recognized research and scholarly publications and success in obtaining competitive external research funding.
- Demonstrated experience fostering relationships with research, community, industry, government and professional partners and with other higher education institutions.
- Engagement with external bodies to enhance the national and international standing of the discipline.