Biostatistics jobs at Stanford University
Position: Biostatistics Specialist or Biostatistician
Stanford University is a private research university in Stanford, California. It ranks at #2 in the world according to the QS World University ranking of 2019. The university facilitates more than 16,000 pursuing a degree from undergraduate to postgraduate studies in various fields. Furthermore, the university has 4:1 student-faculty ratio which eases interaction with the faculty. Stanford has a steep acceptance rate of only 5%. However, it is one of the most sought universities by students from all over the world. In addition to that, Stanford University provides a wide range of studies but carries a high reputation for its engineering studies. Even though the tuition fee is steep, Stanford University provides financial aid to international students.
The Evaluation Sciences Unit (ESU) in the Stanford Department of Medicine, Division of Primary Care and Population Health, is accepting the application for Biostatistician. The position holder will consult with investigators, refine research questions, define hypotheses, as well as design studies and devise analysis plans.
In addition to that, s/he will be performing the following duties
- Create analytic files with detailed documentation.
- Select appropriate statistical tools for addressing a given research question.
- Implement data analysis through statistical programming. Also, the present results for investigators using graphs and tables.
- Summarize findings orally and in written form as well as participate in the preparation of papers for publication.
- Consult with investigators on appropriate statistical approaches to data analyses; assist in study design and proposal development.
- Mentor collaborators in areas of experimental design, quality control, and statistical analysis.
- Develop oral and written dissemination of findings for conference presentations and peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Oversee lower-level staff on issues related to quality control and the creation of analysis files.
- Furthermore, fulfills other tasks as assigned.
- Master’s degree in biostatistics, statistics or related field and three years of experience.
- Proficient in at least two of R, SAS, SPSS, or STATA. Also, skills in descriptive analysis, modeling of data, and graphics interfaces.
- Outstanding ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Similarly, demonstrated excellence in at least one area of expertise, which may include coordinating studies; statistical methodology such as missing data, survival analysis, statistical genetics, or informatics; statistical computing; database design (e.g., expertise in RedCAP or MySQL); graphical techniques (e.g., expertise in Illustrator).