Business Officer position is available at Georgetown University.
- Manages and provides support for all University Information Services business functions to including, contracts management, ProCard reconciliation, cost center reconciliation and review, expenses, journals, and other business process that are requested.
- Provides oversight of the University Information Services centralized ProCard program.
- Responsible for managing the monthly ProCard reconciliation process for University Information Services ProCard holders.
- Works with the Financial Analysts to ensure all transactions are allocated in PaymentNet and timely transactional information is received from the cardholder including transaction receipts and business purpose.
- Responsible for reporting and analytics regarding appropriate ProCard use, timeliness of reconciliations, vendor reports and policy development.
- Responsible for providing friendly and efficient service that is solutions oriented to all employees and constituents
- Works with the Finance and Billing Analysts to ensure that all financial documentation is accurate, organized, and processed timely and within University and auditing guidelines.
- Works closely with the Director, Business Operations on on-going projects
- Provides support in managing fiscal close for University Information Services. This position will support the Director, Business Operations in other tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Other Related Field; Master or MBA preferred
- Seven years of progressive responsible project management experience, to include specialized experience in accounting, finance, and budget formulation, and execution
- Must have an accounting background with an understanding of GAAP and be familiar with University systems to include People Soft, Workday, and Financial Access
- High level of familiarity with the use of Excel and familiarity with the use of Macros; Strong spreadsheet (Excel) skills especially pivot tables and charts, technical skills and aptitude a must
- Solid computer skills including proficiency in MS Word and Power PointContract management experience as well as experience working with journal vouchers, purchase orders and reimbursements
- Good analytical skills, attention to details and the ability to make practical applications of theories and principles
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative analysis, vendor management, and operations-based planning
- Credentials in IT Service Management and strategy and analysis are highly desirable
- Excellent oral and written skills
- A background in communications and economics is highly desirable