Campus Dean is required at George Mason University Korea.
The Campus Dean of George Mason University Korea (GMUK) will report directly to the Provost and Executive Vice President through the Mason Korea (MK), LLC board. This position will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of campus programs and operations in full alignment with the main campus in Virginia; leading in the development of academic offerings and research programs in close collaboration with main campus faculty, staff and academic leadership; developing and expanding learning and career opportunities for students; promoting faculty development inclusive of research, teaching and service; promoting faculty and staff well being; implementing university and program policies; facilitating and supporting faculty and student exchanges and staff coordination with the main campus; and other related duties as assigned. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Develops and implements recruiting, retention, and student support strategies to grow vibrant and sustaining enrollment;
- Creates and sustains an environment that fosters positive faculty, staff, and student engagement and collaboration, academic rigor, instructional excellence, and research productivity;
- Maintains standards and academic alignment with the main campus that sustain institutional and programmatic accreditations;
- Develops and maintains excellence in instructional and research programs through the recruitment and retention of qualified faculty and staff;
- Promotes effective faculty performance and development in teaching, research, and professional service;
- Ensures the maintenance of a positive student culture that integrates rigorous individual and collaborative academic achievement and support;
- Ensures comprehensive and effective student support from admission to graduation, and beyond;
- Develops a culture of research, scholarship, and/or professional activity to cultivate a vibrant academic environment;
- Maintains close and collaborative relationships with deans, department chairs, and other key academic leaders at the main campus.
- Oversees the budget and operational framework of GMUK;
- Promotes an environment that fosters respect for diversity and inclusion;
- Promote intra- and inter-campus collaboration and communication.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Prior administrative experience at a comparable organization;
- Ability to create a climate of excellence in teaching, research, mentoring, and scholarship;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and equity;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with multiple constituencies.