Jobs at Central State University
Position: Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Central State University is a historically black public university in Wilberforce, Ohio, United States of America. This 1887 established institution gained a four-year curriculum in 1941. Since 2014, the university is carrying a designation as a land-grant university. Central State University is accredited by the Ohio Department of Education, the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, and the National Association of Schools of Music. In overall, the university manages more than 2000 students with an annual endowment of about 2.1 million as per the record of 2017.
The tenure track appoint will perform the following duties under the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Teach a minimum of twelve hours per semester (or twenty-four annually) of Introductory Mathematics courses of day or evening classes.
- Maintain office hours and provide advisement for assigned students.
- Also, assist in curriculum development, review, and textbook selection.
- Involve undergraduate students in research and preparation for graduate study and/or a career in mathematics.
- Participate in professional development activities. Also, participate in departmental, college, and university committees and other service activities to enhance the role and mission of the university.
- Furthermore, perform other duties as assigned.
In order to be eligible for the role of Assistant Professor of Mathematics, candidates must have the following
- A Ph.D. in Mathematics is mandatory for the rank of non-tenure track Assistant Professor; A master’s degree in mathematics or master’s degree in a related field with 18 credit-hours of mathematics at the graduate level is necessary for the rank of Instructor.
- In addition to that, a minimum of 1-3 years of undergraduate teaching experience at the university level. Similarly, experience and interest in teaching students from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds are essential.
- Evidence of the possession of those qualities of character, personality, and competence expected in a teacher and director of students.