Dean jobs at Idaho State University
Faculty: College of Business
Idaho State University (also as ISU) is a public research university in Pocatello, Idaho. ISU offers more than 280 programs at its main campus and at locations in Meridian, Idaho Falls, and Twin Falls. However, it is the state’s designated lead institution in health professions and medical education. In overall, the university hosts students of about 60 nationalities. In overall, enrollment for the fall semester in 2012 stood at 14,209, including 12,143 undergraduate students and 2,066 graduate students. The elevation of its main campus in Pocatello is approximately 4,550 feet (1,390 m) above sea level.
Roles and responsibilities
- Leading staff, faculty, and students in setting strategic, operational, and financial directions for the College.
- Creating new opportunities for the College and the University and directing the College’s growth and enhancement.
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and promoting high-quality academic programs, curriculum, and excellence in teaching that support students and achieve the mission and values of the College and the University.
- Honoring and fostering shared governance and embracing the concept of servant leadership, open communication, and transparency with faculty, staff, and students.
- Promoting and improving student success, retention, and graduation rates as well as supporting faculty research and creativity.
- Developing positive working relationships with faculty and staff; fostering a welcoming, collegial, compassionate, stable, and inclusive organizational culture; and embracing ISU’s values of “Trust, Compassion, Stability, and Hope.”
- Also, collaborating with leaders of the business community to develop relationships and to ensure the College is producing graduates who meet the needs of organizations locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Diversifying resource streams that are in alignment with the goals of the College.
- Building external relationships and fundraising with alumni and potential donors to support the College mission and activities.
- Serving as a member of the ISU academic leadership team; working with the President, Provost, Vice Presidents, and fellow Deans to promote interdisciplinary programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Providing leadership for assessment and ensuring the College meets and exceeds the standards for AACSB accreditation.
- Furthermore, complete any other duties if as peer the departmental needs.
- A terminal degree in an academic field closely related to one of the College’s disciplines. However, individuals with non-business-related terminal degrees that have exceptional business and organizational accomplishments are also encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated scholarly and/or professional achievement with distinction sufficient to merit appointment at the rank of tenured full professor. However, individuals with a non-traditional academic background should have the demonstrated scholarly and/or professional achievement to merit appointment at the rank of a non-tenured associate or full professor.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in leadership that includes experience with budgeting, personnel administration, enrollment management, and strategic planning.
- Similarly, a minimum of five years’ experience in higher education with knowledge of current higher education trends, challenges, and demands as they may relate to ISU.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working in a diverse, multicultural environment and a commitment to and experience with increasing diversity and inclusion of faculty, staff, and students.
- Similarly, commitment to fundraising and relationship cultivation from external private and public sources.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of constituencies. Similarly, an ability to constructively facilitate teamwork and foster the trust of faculty, staff, and students; commitment to transparency and shared governance.
- Understanding the needs involved with supporting faculty research and scholarship in an AACSB accredited College of Business.