Academic Jobs in Iraq,
Position: Dean of School of Social Science at the University of Kurdistan Hewler
The University of Kurdistan Hewler, an higher education provider in Iraq is seeking caliber Dean of School of Social Science. In general, the position holder facilitates and maintains the highest standards of education for students. Here are the key responsibilities that the Dean of the School of Social Science will perform
- Act as the academic leader of the School; responsible for its day-to-day operations.
- Reform the School as deemed necessary.
- Oversee the management of academic and professional programs within the School and monitor students’ academic progress.
- Likewise, work to establish new Departments under the School and as deemed necessary.
- Line manage the Chair of departments within the School.
- Oversee the grading, reporting of standards and the other methods used by faculty members in measuring students’ achievements.
- Support the recruitment of highly qualified Chair of departments and faculty staff; ensure their professional success, and maximize their ability to contribute to the School.
- Communicate academic policies, standards, and expectations to the Chair of departments and faculty members. Also, coordinate the assessment and development of academic programs within the School.
- Conduct probationary interviews and performance appraisal procedures as notified by HR.
- Empower faculty and staff members to achieve performance goals and objectives.
- Serve as a consultant to faculty members in matters of classroom management, teaching methods, and general School academic and administrative procedures.
- Prepare and revise academic and professional program plans for the School. Similarly, create and maintain a high quality, productive and supportive educational environment for students.
- Maintain good working relationships with staff members in all academic as well as non-academic areas. Similarly, maintain effective communication between students, faculty, and Chairs within and out of the School.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal and professional commitment and development.
- Promote the involvement of the School with the community for academic, research and consultancy purposes. Also, participate in academic activities on or off campus and act as a team leader for the School faculty and administrative members as well as students.
- Similarly, develop and implement the School’s strategic plans consistent with the University plans.
- Conduct regular meetings with faculty members and department Chairs, which will stimulate the exchange of ideas on issues of educational interest and concern.
- Ph.D. in Social Science or related areas. In addition to that, a minimum of ten years of experience in a Senior Management position of the higher education institution.
- An understanding of personal issues and employment contracts. Likewise, an ability to think analytically, creatively and present cases in a cogent and clear manner.
- A good record of academic research, publications and income generation.
- An ability to combine clear, firm management and a harmonious relationship with academic colleagues and students. Similarly, an ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Qualifications and experience in subject areas currently taught within the School of Social Sciences.
- Knowledge and experience in addressing and mitigating student-related problems. Also, knowledge of policy formulation and analytical methods to establish practical policies.
- Experience in applying instructional technologies to teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining partnerships.
- Additionally, good communication skills and the ability to establish personal as well as professional credibility with internal and external constituencies.
- Also, a broad knowledge of Higher Education policies, principles, and organization.