Apply for the Department Head Vacancy at North Carolina State University. The category of the position is Health – Sports Mgmt, Recreation, and Leisure Studies.
- Clearly articulate a vision for the Department that embraces its disciplinary and interdisciplinary strengths and is aligned with the college and university strategic plans.
- Additionally, establish collaborative pathways to empower faculty, staff, and students to achieve departmental strategic goals.
- Also, create a supportive and cohesive environment of integrity and inclusion that cultivates excellence among faculty, staff, and students.
- Likewise, develop innovative recruiting strategies for undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Effectively promote and advocate for the Department internally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Also, identify and implement creative and strategic partnerships, fundraising opportunities, and enduring alumni connections.
- Construct mechanisms for attracting, retaining, and supporting under-represented faculty, staff, and students.
- Furthermore, ensure fiscal responsibility, transparent decision making, and demonstrate ethical consistency.
- Proven record of outstanding achievement and commitment to excellence in research, education, outreach, and service that enables the appointment to the rank of Professor with tenure upon hiring.
- A strong record of obtaining competitive extramural funding.
- Experience in managing budgets with diverse sources of revenue.
- Demonstrated leadership in national professional organizations.
- Ability and experience to support and mentor faculty and staff at all career stages.
- Furthermore, evidence of strong organizational, leadership, team? the building, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Likewise, experience in creating synergies among faculty, staff, students, and external stakeholders from a wide variety of social science backgrounds in the broad field of park and natural resource management, recreation planning and programming, sport and golf management, and sustainable tourism, as well as in multidisciplinary contexts.
- Additionally, evidence of being an innovator who advocates for and embeds diversity and inclusion in curricula, research, service, governance, and the recruitment of faculty, staff and/or students, and governance.
- Other Document (1)
- Contact Information for References
About the University
North Carolina State University is a public land-grant research university in Raleigh, North Carolina. Founded in 1887 and part of the University of North Carolina system, it is the largest university in the Carolinas. Additionally, the university forms one of the corners of the Research Triangle together with Duke University in Durham and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Furthermore, the North Carolina General Assembly established the North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, now NC State, on March 7, 1887, originally as a land-grant college. Today, NC State has an enrollment of more than 35,000 students, making it among the largest in the country.