Director, Executive Education position is available at Daniels College of Business of the University of Denver.
With a long tradition of excellence and innovation, the University of Denver’s Daniels College of Business prepares students and executives to succeed in a dynamic, changing world. It is a high-achieving global community of students, faculty, and staff that inspires one another to think in new ways, perform at higher levels, and transform organizations and the communities around us. The Daniels College of Business is seeking an experienced, talented and ambitious Director to provide leadership in business and program development, program delivery, strategy, operations and administration, and oversight of all programs and activities for the department. The Director is also responsible for the financial stability and profitability of the programs, and is charged with continually enhancing programs.
- Understand and drive corporate marketing and sales cycles, engage in business development and sales activities, and exceed annual sales and profitability targets.
- Develop an annual sales plan identifying new clients, existing clients, and strategic partners in order to sell, cross-sell, and up-sell Executive Education programs, and partner with faculty, staff, departments, and colleges, where applicable.
- Represent Daniels at public and private sector events to cultivate relationships, increase program awareness and reputation, and drive sales.
- Deliver talks, interviews, and other public relations-oriented content to build the brand of, and promote, Executive Education.
- Develop top-tier innovative, experiential, and discipline-integrated programs primarily focused on customized leadership development.
- Develop specific program objectives and agendas, identify faculty, and develop needed program materials.
- Teach to specific learning outcomes for modules and programs that are didactic and experiential in nature and deliver high-quality, compelling, and customized content.
- Design visually appealing, professional program content and experiential activities to meet specific learning objectives.
- Develop strategic market plans and ongoing market assessments of local, regional, national and international markets.
- Lead and collaborate in the development of strategic plans for executive education programs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 to 7 years of sales and/or business development experience
- Demonstrated ability/track record of engaging in business development and sales activities
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, think strategically and conceptually
- Manage people and resources, listen, influence and persuade others
- Ability to create and support strong teams with a service culture, establish clear expectations, and hold oneself and the team accountable for results
- Track record of developing specific program objectives and identify and develop program materials and talent
- Ability to work in a consulting role to identify and conduct company needs analysis.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) January 18, 2019. Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered.