Academic Jobs in Ireland, The Maynooth University ( National University of Ireland Maynooth) is seeking dynamic, motivated, experienced and highly qualified Educational Technologist to contribute new project, coordinated by the Irish Universities Association and funded through the Higher Education Authority Innovation and Transformation Programme, aimed at enhancing the digital attributes and educational experiences of Irish university students.
Roles and responsibilities
- Primary responsibility for supporting the implementation in Maynooth University of the sector-wide
projects led by the Irish Universities Association – ‘Enabling Change: Enhancing Digital Capacity in
Teaching and Learning in Irish Universities’, in collaboration with the Project Manager and
Programme Supports in other universities.
- Support individuals, schools, and programme teams in their efforts to develop more programmes
into an appropriate online and blended format.
- Provide ongoing support for the adoption of digital initiatives in teaching and learning within the
Institution and across the university sector.
- Use evidence-based learning design principles to work with academic staff members to
conceptualize course design, involving new technologies, online teaching, learning, feedback and
- Develop documentation to support staff in implementing new technology and in the development
and delivery of online and blended learning programmes.
- Work closely with CTL in the provision of demand-led workshops on a range of educational
technology-related matters particularly in the areas of assessment and learning design in response
to Faculty needs.
- Provide project management oversight to ensure that delivery deadlines are met.
- Develop skills and confidence in the users of educational technologies.
- Liaise with other services including IT Services, Audio Visual, Moodle Support to support blended
- Carry out other such duties as determined and directed by the Dean of Teaching and Learning that
contribute to the achievement of the strategic initiatives of the University.
- The role may require some travel within Ireland.
Required qualifications and skills
- Third level degree qualification in eLearning, Education, Multimedia, or IT.
- An informed understanding of the professional development landscape within Irish higher education
and the educational opportunities afforded by digitalization.
- Exceptional project management skills with a proven track record in managing projects in the higher
the education sector or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and or/ supporting the learning design, development and the
delivery of courses using a virtual learning environment.
- Demonstrable experience in the use and application of popular and emerging learning technologies
and web and media based technologies such as Virtual Learning Environments (Moodle), Virtual
Classroom tools, Resource development tools such as Articulate/Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative
Suite, MS Office applications and an understanding of their application to teaching and learning.
- Experience in the design and implementation of professional development programmes in the
enhancement of academic practice, ideally with a specialism in digital learning/technology
- Experience in the design/delivery of blended learning programmes.
- Proven experience in building positive relationships with a range of stakeholders within, between,
and external to institutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with a demonstrable ability to advocate, foster, and support engagement across a range of audiences.