The American University in the Emirates calls applicants to join the vacant Faculty position in the Digital Forensics. The position holder will be responsible for tasks like teaching, assessing student work, academic advising, participating in administrative and committee activities, professional service, and community service.
- Presenting research and practice-driven teaching.
- Adapting to the latest pedagogical techniques that stimulate students to inquiry and to encompass a broad and coherent body of knowledge, attaining the skills and competencies through engaging delivery techniques and development of appropriate assessments
- Supervision of thesis, capstone and internship assignments of students
- Active engagement in scholarly activities and publish peer-reviewed articles in the area of specialization thus contributing to the Mission of the University.
- Providing academic advising and guidance to the students in the program’s learning outcomes, curriculum planning, and career planning.
- Evaluating students’ performance and grading. Providing clear assessment criteria that reflect course content and its learning outcomes, setting expectations to students, avoiding cognitive biases.
- Contributing regular curriculum reviewing and improving the existing curriculum or developing new specialization or program.
- Participate by working in a task force or workgroup to accomplish assignments or projects such as accreditation, recruitment, research administration, consultation, and service to university, discipline and to the community.
- Acquiring latest academic techniques, discipline and professional certification, technology-related development, and leadership development through attending in-campus and out-campus workshops, seminars and training.
- Ph.D. in the related field of Computer Science & Information Technology from an accredited university in the United States of America or an internationally accredited recognized University using the American Education system.
- Applicant must have completed a Philosophy Doctorate (Ph. D) by the time of recruitment from an internationally accredited university
- Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of teaching /working experience in an internationally accredited university.
- Evidence of excellence at baccalaureate and graduate program level teaching.
The American University in the Emirates (AUE) is a private university located in Dubai International Academic City in the United Arab Emirates. The university was founded in 2006, because of the growing demand for higher education in the UAE and the region. The university partners with academic, non-academic and corporate institutions and organizations around the world. AUE is an approved university by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and is licensed by the Commission for Academic Accreditation to offer various undergraduate as well as graduate programs where students can earn bachelor’s and master’s degrees.