IT Support Technician Jobs at IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) in Vienna, Austria
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is an international organization with headquarter in Vienna that promotes the peaceful use of Nuclear Energy. It works to prevent using nuclear energy for military purposes including nuclear weapons. The IAEA reports to both the United Nations General Assembly and Security Council.
The IAEA is seeking an IP support Technician who will work under the Supervision of the Head of the Service Delivery Unit and Client Services Section. S/he will be responsible for maintenance, installation, configuration, repair, and removal of hardware and software items. In addition to that, the position holder follows up and resolve incidents received by the MTIT Service desk.
- Act as point of contact for responding, resolving, and tracking all incidents and service calls received by the MTIT Service desk. Manage calls (incidents and service requests) received by logging it to the online system, prioritize and monitor until completion.
- Respond and solve incidents/service requests including troubleshooting, installation, and removal of hardware/software using supplied installation instructions and tools, following agreed testing and implementation standards. Deploy new or upgraded desktops, laptops or core application images.
- A support agent providing first level support, addressing ERP related incidents, issues and requests;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of ERP user support as well as in training modules and manuals.
- Deploy, test and support IAEA’s standard desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices and all other peripherals including the supply of consumables. Develop and/or enhance installation and configuration procedures as well as documentation.
- Assist with resolving problems (e.g. poor performance) and faults (e.g. system failure) occurring in the operation of hardware and software – especially those requiring greater installation expertise.
- Conduct tests of hardware and/or software using test procedures and diagnostic tools; correct malfunctions, calling on other experienced colleagues and external resources as required, also, documenting results in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Maintain IT equipment in meeting rooms, training rooms and conference center. Similarly, troubleshoot issues related to LAN network and wireless network.
- Participate in projects, including implementation of hardware and software tools and systems.
Required skills and qualifications
- Post-secondary training/diploma in computer sciences is desirable.
- Minimum of five years of relevant working experience providing IT support to ERP (Oracle) users or IT support to end users in the LAN environment.
- Hands-on experience and familiarity with end-user device software and hardware;
- Technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills of Windows 10, O365, and Office 2016, as well as other related software, is desirable.
- Strong IT Service Desk related experience with the ability to deal with established deadlines and priorities.
- Knowledge and experience in emerging technologies such as cloud computing, mobile device management is an advantage.
- Organizing skills: Ability to prioritize work assignments, organize own schedule, perform routine work independently, act pro-actively, meet deadlines, adapt to changing demands and multitasking.
- However, knowledge of ITIL processes is an asset
- Good oral and written command of English. In addition to that, knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
- English language test (level 2) to IAEA standards.