Jobs at American University in the Emirates
Position: Dean – College of Computer & Information Technology
The American University in the Emirates (also as AUE) invites applicants to for the chair of Dean – College of Computer & Information Technology. The incumbent will do the following duties in particular
- Act as the principal administrative officer for Colleges. However, Dean shall maintain administrative supervision of the Faculties, study programs, and institutional analysis pertaining to the content and the delivery of the programs.
- Initiate, plan, organize, and direct such actions necessary and appropriate to assure that the needs and standards of academic programs are established and implemented by appropriate departments and administrators.
- Consult and advise the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Academic Council with respect to the recommendations of various academic units with respect to all strategic and operational matters.
- Serve in the development, implementation, and administrating of the approved academic policies and procedures. The Dean will also provide educational leadership for academic faculties and services.
- Works directly with the Vice President for Academic Affairs and other concerned departments, and Officers on assessing, developing and maintaining quality teaching, learning, and support service programs, and on the academic and financial feasibility of the continuation of academic programs, including compliance with the criteria of accreditation.
- Also, advises and recommends to the Vice President for Academic Affairs the appointment of personnel to teaching and research positions.
In addition to the above duties, the Dean will be doing the following additional duties as well
- Acting as liaison with Academic Council, College faculty Members, Committees for academic affairs; and serving on AUE Committees as appropriate.
- Overseeing, reviewing, orienting, and supervising performance evaluations of the academic programs.
- Similarly, implementing the related approved policies, regulations, roles and procedures, including criteria for admission to the programs, program operations, field experiences, and program development.
- Reviewing, evaluating, and administrating the delivery of students’ advisory services, field operations, internship along with the selective admission and retention of students.
- Also, provide a program effectiveness report to the Institutional Effectiveness Office each semester.
- Other duties as assigned by the Provost/ Vice President for Academic Affairs including, but not limited to, institutional advancement/effectiveness/budgeting, Student Affairs, and activities, fundraising, special project, and public relations.
- Ph.D. Degree from an Internationally Accredited University in the concern applied for college.
- Qualifications for appointment as a minimum a tenured Associate Professor Rank in an academic department at the college from an Internationally Accredited University.
- Strong academic Track record in research and teaching at the concern college level.
- Minimum of three years of key position experience in Dean and Office. In addition to that, at least two years of demonstrated increasing responsibility in strategic planning, fiscal management, resource allocation, and personnel supervision.
- Furthermore, inclusive and collegial management style able to establish relationships across a wide spectrum of stakeholders including colleagues, students and external bodies.