Jobs at Bellevue University, Nebraska
Position: Assistant Professor of System Network Administration
Bellevue University is a private, non-profit university in Bellevue, Nebraska, United States. Basically, it focuses on providing adult education and educational outreach. As of 2011, 80% of its undergraduates were aged 25 and over. In overall, the university has an enrollment of over 10,000 students in a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. The school offers numerous bachelor’s and master’s degree programs, a Doctorate of Business Administration, and a Ph.D. in Human Capital Management. Moreover, Bellevue University’s online bachelor’s degrees are among the top ten in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report.
The Assistant Professor of System Network Administrator will perform the following duties
- Serves as program director for SNAP.
- Teaches SNAP courses as well as oversee other Networking and Administration courses.
- Selects and manages full-time faculty and adjunct professors for SNAP cohorts.
- Develops and maintains SNAP curricula in both online and classroom formats at the undergraduate level.
- Participates in program assessment, student advising, and committee/community service.
- Maintains academic and professional qualifications in systems and network administration.
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field required. However, Ph.D. in like fields desirable.
- In addition to that, at least 2 years of relevant industry experience in system/network administration outside of academia.
- Current certifications in UNIX/Linux, Microsoft, networking, computer security, or related fields desired.
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level across a broad spectrum of Information technology topics and courses desired.
- Furthermore, a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholastic activities.