Jobs at Curtin University, Perth, Australia
Position: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in International Business at the Faculty of Business and Law – School of Management
- Deliver high quality and innovative teaching to undergraduate, honors and postgraduate students across a range of modes and levels.
- Demonstrate a commitment to and promote in others, ongoing reflective improvement in teaching.
- Conduct tutorials and lectures, which stimulate and foster student learning.
- Keep abreast of current discipline theory and practice.
- Furthermore, undertake a broad range of administrative functions connected with unit coordination.
Service and Leadership
- Contribute to academic service, collegiality, and engagement.
- Foster the development of a collegial and supportive working environment.
- Model a high standard of professional behavior consistent with the University Code of Conduct and Vision, Mission and Values.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- A doctoral qualification in International Business or a relevant discipline. In addition to that, proven high-level teaching skills with a demonstrated reflective approach to teaching.
- Ability to unit coordinate combined with significant contribution to scholarship in teaching and experience in curriculum development. In particular, MGMT3001 International Management and MGMT6003 Global Business Dynamics.
- Similarly, high-level communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to foster the development of a collegial and supportive working environment as well as the ability to interact with students and staff with cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Commitment to applying relevant and applicable policies, procedures and legislation in the day-to-day performance of the functions of this position.
- Also, commitment to applying the Curtin Values and Signature Behaviours, relevant and applicable policies, procedures and legislation in the day-to-day performance of the functions of this position.
- Furthermore, must meet Occupational Safety and Health, anti-discrimination, equal opportunity, and other legislative requirements in accordance with the parameters of the position.
About Curtin University
Curtin University is the Australian public research university in Bentley with additional campuses in Perth, Dubai, Singapore, Malaysia, and Mauritius. This 53-year-old institution was formerly known as Western Australia Institute of Technology and Curtin University of Technology. It is one of the largest universities in Australia. However, enrollments of more than 58,000 make it the largest university in the state of Western Australia. In addition to that, Curtin University offers hundreds, of course, programs under the academic department of agriculture, architecture and construction, business, management and law, culture, language and indigenous, education, engineering and mining, health, information technology and computing and physical sciences and mathematics. In overall, the annual undergraduate tuition fees are $30,000 for business courses, $30,000 for Arts/Education, and $34,000 for Engineering/Science.