Jobs at Delaware County Community College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Position: Assistant Professor of Nursing
About County Community College
Delaware County Community College (DCCC) is a two-year community college in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Delaware County Community College has dual admissions agreements with several four-year schools in the Philadelphia area, allowing students to automatically transfer after completing an associate degree.
The College of Pennsylvania invites qualified applicants to apply for the post of Assistant Professor of Nursing. The candidate will perform the following duties in particular
- Teaching a full load of courses in nursing (15 cr/semester), including didactic and clinical component at the healthcare facility or community-based site.
- Utilize advanced technology to enhance student learning.
- Use classroom assessment techniques and creative teaching strategies that actively engage students in the learning process.
- Follow an approved course of study with measurable objectives. Also, participate effectively in the program/course assessment process.
- Collaborate with faculty members in revisions/updates to courses and course materials
- Offer required office hours that meet student needs as well as advise students, as assigned, to develop sound academic/career plans.
- Evaluate student performance and achievement of outcomes.
- Participate in department activities including nursing faculty meetings, curriculum development as well as evaluation, and annual report and accreditation activities.
- Similarly, participate in the Colleges Advisory System and serve on college committees.
- Serve on “Ad Hoc” committees as appropriate.
- Represent the College/department in community events.
In order to be eligible for the position, candidates must have the following qualifications
- Advanced university degree in Nursing. In addition to that, a strong background in medical/surgical nursing.
- Recent experience teaching at the college-level and current clinical experience are necessary. Similarly, candidates must have both a strong background and the desire to teach established Nursing curricular courses.
- Also, must be familiar with curriculum development, competency-based education, alternative learning styles, classroom technologies, and distance learning.
- Furthermore, the applicant should be willing to take part in active service to the department, the division, and the college, and must be committed to academic excellence, diversity, and a spirit of collaboration