Jobs at Eastern Michigan University, Michigan, United States
Position: Assistant Professor (Simulation, Animation & Gaming) at the School of Visual and Built Environments (SVBE) in the College of Engineering & Technology (CET) at Eastern Michigan University
The Assistant Professor will do the following jobs at Eastern Michigan University
- Teach contractual load of undergraduate and graduate courses as assigned by the department or school.
- Assign and submit grades in accordance with established University schedules.
- Keep posted office hours during the week which are scheduled at times most beneficial to students.
- Provide academic advising to students, if applicable and also serve on search committees for hiring new faculty members, departmental committees and other service committees across the university.
- Participate in activities such as student registration, orientation, convocations and commencements.
- Attend and participate in scheduled departmental meetings and functions.
- Provide other support services to the department, college and/or university, if applicable.
- Engage in pursuits that enable them to remain current in their respective disciplines.
- Engage in pursuits that help to further organize and contribute to the growth of the body of knowledge in their respective disciplines, and/or to explore interdisciplinary implications.
- Furthermore, perform related Departmental duties as required.
The ideal will have the following qualifications
- A terminal degree in a field closely related to simulation, animation, or gaming is required. Including but not limited to: visual time-based media, motion design, film, digital media technology, emerging media arts, and interactive media.
- A high level of self-motivation and demonstrate the potential for leadership.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with a desire to engage in excellent teaching.
- Evidence of demonstrated ability or the potential to deliver high-quality instruction in both 2D and 3D computer animation, simulation, and/or gaming.
- Documented ability to learn and adapt to new teaching content areas and software applications.
- Recognized knowledge of the key concepts in the field of Simulation, Animation, and Gaming including design; from story-board to post.
- Outstanding research potential in terms of publications in scholarly journals, conferences, exhibitions, and attracting external funding.
Eastern Michigan University (EMU) is a public research university in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Currently, EMU comprises seven colleges and schools: College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, College of Education, College of Health and Human Services, College of Technology, an Honors College, and a Graduate School. Overall, the university’s site is composed of an academic and athletic campus spread across 800 acres (3.2 km2), with over 120 buildings. EMU has a total enrollment of more than 23,000 students.