Jobs at Gonzaga University, New York, United States of America
Position Title: Assistant Professor on Educational Leadership and Administration
Gongaza University is a private Roman Catholic university in Spokane, Washington, United States of America. The university has bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctoral degrees through its seven colleges – the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business Administration, School of Education, School of Engineering & Applied Science, School of Law, School of Nursing and Human Physiology, and the School of Professional Studies. However, it is one of 28 member institutions of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities. In overall, the campus houses 105 buildings on 152 acres (62 ha) of grassland alongside the Spokane River, in a residential setting one-half-mile (800 m) from downtown Spokane.
Roles and responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following duties under the Department of Educational Leadership and Administration
- Teach 18 credits during the academic year.
- Located in Spokane with a daily presence on campus expected.
- Teach on campus and/or online during the summer under a separate summer contract.
- Collaborate with department and School of Education colleagues.
- Guiding doctoral and masters candidates through their capstone projects.
- Serve on various Departmental, School of Education, and Gonzaga University committees.
- Produce scholarly contributions to the field.
- Furthermore, perform other duties as assigned.
- Ed.D. or Ph.D. by Fall 2020 in an area applicable to the Doctor of Educational Leadership program.
- In addition to that, three years of experience as a K-12 school leader at the building, district or state level in the U.S. with demonstrated effectiveness in any of the following; Analyzing data to improve schools and teaching practices as well as leveraging fiscal resources to improve schools; Influencing state or federal governmental structures that impact the financial well-being of local school systems and initiatives.
- Similarly, a minimum of three years of experience teaching and advising adult learners (e.g., in higher education)
- Demonstrated commitment to Gonzaga’s mission as a Catholic, Jesuit, and humanistic institution, especially to social justice within the context of K-12 and graduate education