Jobs at Hardin Simmons University, United States
Position: Assistant Professor of Biology at the Holland School of Sciences & Mathematics
The Assistant Professor will perform the following duties at the Department of Biology at Hardin-Simmons University
- Teach undergraduate courses and laboratories in Biology, particularly General Physiology, Advanced Human Anatomy, and Anatomy and Physiology I and II.
- Demonstrate effective teaching strategies by planning and implementing a variety of student-centered teaching and assessment methods.
- Maintain accurate records and documents, and submit timely reports, including but not limited to syllabi, grades, and office hours.
- Mentor students in research in the field of expertise.
- Support the lab coordinator in maintaining laboratory equipment and monitoring student workers.
- Advise students in the biological sciences and provide strategies for academic success during office hours or in ad hoc appointments.
- Engage in service to the university, department, and community.
- Know and uphold the policies in the current faculty handbook.
The ideal candidate will have the following requirements
- Masters or Ph.D. in Biology is required with an emphasis on anatomy and physiology.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Similarly, the ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Confident to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Furthermore, the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Hardin–Simmons University (HSU) is a private Baptist university in Abilene, Texas.