Jobs at New Mexico Highlands University
Position: Assistant/Associate Professor of Physical Education
The public university in Las Vegas, New Mexico is seeking a dynamic Assistant/Associate Professor of Physical Education. The tenure track appointment on Physical Education will have responsibilities in the areas of teaching, scholarship, and service.
In particular, the incumbent will have the following qualifications
- Teach physical education pedagogy classes for the undergraduate and graduate tracks, with possible teaching assignments in other, related areas. The normal full-time teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester. Maintain office hours.
- Advise students in academic degree pursuits and career development plans as well as direct graduate students with graduate thesis/field projects, and comprehensive exams.
- Provide professional service to Department, College, University.
- Write and/or build a curriculum in physical education. Also, advocate physical education at local/State educational/political agencies.
- Similarly, conduct and publish research/scholarly activities.
- Also, the candidate should be prepared to develop and teach courses online using Desire2Learn.
- Tenure and promotion decisions follow the Collective Bargaining Agreement and require positive reviews based on performance in teaching, service, and scholarship to the Department, College, University and external community.
- Furthermore, s/he will complete other tasks as assigned.
In order to be eligible for the position, the candidates must have the following qualifications
- Doctoral degree in Physical education or a closely related area (ABD considered). Ability to teach undergraduate and graduate-level courses, supervise graduate research, interest and commitment to work with diverse populations.
- Experience of teaching at the university level. Similarly, experience addressing and implementing matters related to diversity in an educational environment or community.